Emotional Intelligence is a component of the workplace that is being explored more and more by corporate and nonprofit organizations on a daily basis. It is becoming a part of the norm in the workplace regarding training and professional development. According to a recent Forbes article, there are 7 Things Emotionally Intelligent People Don't Do At Work. The list is included below:
1. They don't ascribe intent.
a. Ascribing Intent is when we assume things are about us when they are not.
2. They don't try to prove their importance.
3. They don't conflate their whole identity with their job.
4. They give respect to get respect.
5. They understand where their money is coming from.
6. They treat losses as opportunities.
7. They maintain humility.