We all notice the world we live in today is very different from what it was in 30 years ago, 20 years ago and even a decade ago. Everything is changing constantly especially with so much technology, artificial intelligence, etc. It is a different time, and sometimes your job search has to adjust to the shits that are happening daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually. Some of the tips I give are below:
1. Read articles in your field and/or the field you are interested in changing into within a certain timeframe
2. Invest in yourself through getting a certification. Sometimes you can find free certification programs and/or moderately priced certification programs or classes through www.udemy.com; www.edx.com; www.coursera.com.
3. Look into getting a mentor you can bounce ideas off of.....you are never too old to get and have a mentor.
4. Follow-up on applications you submit. It is important to not just release your information into the web and not follow-up. It is vital to touch bases and really show interest in the role you have applied too. Remember that many people are applying not just you, so you have to set yourself apart from everyone else.
5. Network...Network....Network: Join www.meetup.com, attend professional mixers and jobfairs, join local groups and associations, and reach out to your network to let them know you are searching for employment; you never know who they may know in your field of interest.
I hope these tips help you in your job search. Keep me updated in how your search is going.